The official wiki is ready for you to browse and to contribute your vast Galactic Civilizations III knowledge to.
We deeply appreciate the time that anyone spends helping to make the official Galactic Civilizations III wiki great. A proper wiki has the kind of depth and detail that only a full community can provide, and I hope that you find this useful enough that you feel moved to contribute.
- Just click the "edit" button in the upper right of any page and jump on in!
- Formatting is simple. Check the MediaWiki help for the basics of how to link, create sections, format text, and embed images. For more specific stuff like the infoboxes for improvements, check the Gamepedia help.
- The easiest way to learn formatting is to read the source for a nice-looking page. The Victory page is a good example.
- Strategy tips are appropriate nearly everywhere, and are some of the best contributions you can make.
- Think of what kind of questions you had as a newbie (or an advanced player), and try to answer them somewhere that makes sense.
- If you make a new page, make sure it's linked to from relevant pages.
I've personally spent a ton of time getting the GalCiv III Wiki ready in this initial form, and I'm happy with what's there, but its potential is far greater and can only be reached if the community takes it and owns it. I am merely the guy out front planting torches along the path; if I'm the only one at the volcano at the end of the day we won't have much of a party.
I think that metaphor means I should go home now. Please contribute to the wiki if you feel so moved, and thanks for your support!