Sigh. As I am getting older--58 now. I realize I am not going to be able to constantly multitask by not sleeping (darn it!).
I've also realized that wife wants more interaction as she gets older (even though my wife is a 29 year old former supermodel).
Then there's the grandkids and their parents (those previous kids you had and that you thought would already be adults) suddenly spring unbidden with the least of warnings and linger far beyond the times you imagined they'd be visiting.
Finally, the joys of home repair are becoming more and more as your home settles into old age with you and add on top of that , that I'm running my own business.
This leaves me with a conundrum.
I've backed Chris Robert's Star Citizen project since the beginning. I'm not a disgruntled backer. I backed because I think realistic-like space games have an important part to play in society. They motivate people to think about space, technology and the future and I backed to further those ends.
But Star Citizen is and will be pretty time-consuming to play and I don't think I'll have the time to truly throw myself into it.
Primarily now, my free time is into writing and a little art for a break now and then. But I still find myself turning on SoaSE which is, to me, the most satisfying PC strategy game I have ever played. I can't heap enough praise on it.
I had a strike craft mod and a mini-mod with a substituted third race back before Rebellion but when Rebellion came along it broke those mods and I never gotten around to updating them other than a piece here and there on my desktop.
I am a bit out of practice now but would like to do a single mod that is very modest in scope. I can make most of the models for it (less than half a dozen, I think). It would require the following:
- Additional strike craft types (which I have played around with and have models for)
- A substitution for the pirate vessels and sound files. I have the models and I think an ability or two floating around but this is a pretty modest and straightforward substitution.
- Some additional planet variants. These are more akin to creating new competitive versions of already existing planets. I do hope to have some different sized models of existing planets with the same skins--just some smaller or larger variants with slightly modified slots. I think I have one new planet ability I'd like to introduce but it's not complex.
- I'd also like to modify the effect of stars in their gravity wells--almost exclusively with already existing abilities that could be swapped out.
- I'd be adding some new off-page ship types with a few differing abilities--mostly derivative of already existing ones.
- Finally, I'd like to add a fourth race to the Rebellion level game. Modeling and graphics for this would be minimal. There are basically less than half a dozen new models required and all would have a simple geometry. I can make the base models for later Sins conversion and I can make menu graphics and the like. A few new abilities--many of which I have played around with in the past but I'd have to start over again here.
I realize no one wants to make someone else's vision for them when they can be making their own. Understood. So I'd offer payment of a sort.
My Star Citizen account to start. I've got 70 varying listed rewards on there--all of which I'd be willing to cede, am about $200 off concierge level (if that matter to you) and have the Rear Admiral, LTI, Constellation Aquila package plus lots of doo-dads for hangars and the like many of which can be reclaimed for credits to use elsewhere). I know thiere is some controversy about Star Citizen's final release so this is something to consider but the game isn't something I'll have the time to play and it is usable now in beta. the package includes the planned Squadron 42 game and access to the arenas and the like. Several physical rewards are part of the package too.
I also have a full, registered version of z-brush 2018 which I will throw in (probably of more interest to those here). I've never had the time to come even close to mastering (let alone minimally using) it so I'm happy to part with it.
I could sell the Star Citizen ship package on an online re-seller and I can list the zBrush copy on my Amazon store. I'm pretty sure I could get over $500 dollars for both.
But I didn't buy these things to make money and I'd rather get what I came for--enjoying something fun. For me, the mod proposed here would be that. If someone here is interested in this, you'd be free to do what you liked with the packaged after you received them.
I've had a few people offer to do pieces of this for me for free over the past year but I'd really rather reward someone for their work and give them something they can benefit from. Best offer I have, sans cash.
My biggest issue is I have had an inherited, macular degenerative disease called Fuchs Dystrophy that has been going on for awhile and I am also blessed with being legally blind without glasses and have astigmatism (I am near sighted in one eye and both far and near sighted in the other). So the biggest problems for me (besides a small bit of ability and model formatting help) is now simply going through the limes of text in large numbers of files. Getting to b a bit problematic for me as of this year.
If anyone is interested, contact me here or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. If you want to see a pile of WIP art for the books I am working on, you can sift through it here: https://www.deviantart.com/sinperium/gallery/ (it's concept, not final--work in progress).
P.S.S. Please no one feel obligated to do this (bwahahah). Hopefully someone out there is interested in what they can get for it.
I do plan on making the mod and its various elements freely available for everyone to use however they please. Sharing is caring.
P.S.S. This mod has one big thing to it. It addresses a mode of Sins play that is COMPLETELY overlooked by both the devs and modders here. I'm keeping what this is a secret for now but what I plan to have here will allow a new range of options for smaller numbers of players who can't play online competitively or who want smaller games.