I played a moderate game just to b-line for invasion tech to see what inwasions dp look like. There are few things I stumbled upon while playing.
1. The pirate starbases. Do they exist? I set the pirate level to highest and not a single starbase the whole game (some 150 turns )
2. I fought pirates in the anomaly and noticed that there is no graphic effect of my ship firing on them. Although damage is dealt and appears in battle log. When I later engaged with the fleet of another major civ my ships were firing normally. Then again when I came to dismantle the enemy shipyard my shots turned invisible again.
3. When a race is giving a trade offer to me it is written in their textbox that my gift will gladly be accepted. Why? I am exchanging items with them not giving it for free.
4. Text in the textboxes still doesn't fit sometimes. It makes it harder to learn about some item by mousing cursor over it. LEaves me stumbled into unreadable text.
5. When in the research screen there is no way to know which tech is preceeding which. So when b-lining for something I can't tell what techs would be requred and how much turns it would take to research them all. It would help if this info could be placed in a textbox which appears by mousing over the technology.
After all invasion was a little disappointment. Are there any plans to make invasions more spectacular? Like what we used to have in the original GC 2 and Dark Avatar where tanks and troops were blasting each other? That would be greaty appreciated