This is just some early feedback from my first playthrough (I will modify this thread as time goes on). Love the frozen theme right now.
Some of these are update ideas, others will need a DLC or expansion.
- A random map generator that had more choice (like in LH) would be great if possible
- A few pre-made huge maps would have been good, including maybe a giant "Anthys" map
- I think that you should be able to have the opportunity to choose all random factions. This is kind of a step back from say, Legendary Heroes where you could control who you faced.
- I would like neutral factions a have a bit more control (ex: being expansionist, while not truly neutral, ex: neutral about choosing between you and sorcerer king) or specific factions being more willing to go to war with SK or ally with SK
- Maybe a bit of customizing the random factions as well, like their spellbooks, etc.
- Not sure about this and how much it is possible, but if possible minimize hardcoding to allow the modding community to take over.
- I know that a lot of people will disagree with me on this one, but I've always felt myself that the ability to customize weapons, armor, and a few other abilities the way that was possible in Legendary Heroes was awesome, because you could have units exactly the way that you wanted them. I find this to be a big step back from FE LH to be honest, that hasn't been addressed. I really did like the concept of crafting, but I think that being able to build more customized units from templates (perhaps with crafted items) would be an enhancement.
- I would have liked the level of customization that was possible for factions in FE: LH to be possible in Rivals as well - right now all we have are basically Humans, Undead, and Dwarves
- Cast strategic spells against the player for a greater challenge (especially at higher difficulty level). Would need some sort of warning if the enemy was doing, but would make end game a bit more challenging.