Sorry, everything is still in flux and not all info makes it to all the locations (yet!).
I'm happy to explain.
Really quick summary of current state (subject to change):
- The orbit lines indicate where that planetary object will be in 10 minutes.
- Yellow lines are prograde.
- Red lines are retrograde.
- Planets closer to the star move (orbit) faster than those further out.
- Phase lanes can change based on the orbiting dynamics (ex. a planet rotates to intersect a phase lane will cut that phase lane in two).
More info with some Dynamic Orbits info: https://www.pcgamer.com/sins-of-a-solar-empire-2-is-reaching-for-the-stars/
Lot more info on all things Sins2: https://discord.gg/sinsofasolarempire (we are pretty active here but if we aren't around, many of the players there are very knowledgeable and happy to to help until we can flush out the forums, player guides, etc).