I purchased the game a number of years ago having loved Galactic Civ II. I was disappointed to find that 3 did not meet my expectations and I lost all desire to play very quickly. I thought that in time some of what I found missing would have been implemented down the road so I am checking in to see if that is the case.
1) Is the ship designer now available without having to play the game and progress through the research tree?
2) Can I create custom ship designs for custom created races and then play AGAINST them?
3) Can I create ship designs 100% out of jewelry without having to use a predefined base hull?
4) Can I create custom races where I can choose appearance, behavior and economy type and then select them as an opponent?
5) Can I create a custom quick match like GC2 without having to progress through a campaign?
I just want to create my opponents and allies then play a custom game. I really enjoyed this about GC2 and was why I played the game.