Hate to leave negative feedback. I know it's alpha, but here's hoping that you'll make updates that are worth playing and making the game.
Things I like:
- The main menu.
- The odd game screen effect? Makes it look like an older tv I used to have before flat screen.
Things I do not like:
- Characters are like 8 bit characters. (I was expecting something a bit less arcade and NES, and more super nintendo)
- So many non hero characters. Just one knight?
- I can't create the next Suikoden.
- I can't create a Contra.
- I can't create a RTS game.
- I can't create a coop game to battle in dungeons.
- It's like you went from a really amazing menu, to showing us we can create crap-like games. Honestly was under the impression it was more than just older games we could create, and that this fee was to pay just for the alpha, and we'd have to pay again for the rest of the game. But I didn't read it all. So that's that.
I know it's alpha, but you have a long ways to go. I think I'll stick with RPG Maker for now. I will revisit later after updates... And see if anything is worth toying with.
I hope you do consider making some major changes to this.