The only dlc I don't have is the heroes of the star controll, Mech parts, altarian prophecy, rise of the terrans, revenge of the snathi,
The file that I renamed was from the C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Galactic Civilizations III\data\Game ShipComponentDefs.xml
I did rename the xml, i added _sensorpowerto the end of the defs
I was not adding any components, I was modifying
<Value>2</Value> <----I was changing this value
I changed it numerous times, from 4 to 12 to 20, it didn't matter, I even tried it unedited, still crashed, everytime.
Thank you for your help, also, thank you for making your awesome mod, it has been inspiring