- We have allies who are experts at Genetics, the Mu Mak and the Pinthi who regret wiping out Alien Species and there is also the possibility to find Drenken cloning pods in some ruins. Why not use all that to de-Extinguish races wiped out by the Scryves or Pinthi ? Leave DNA experts/Archaeologist science expedition at ruins that are found (science colony), to find Genetic Samples and clone extinguished species, have them help make sense of the ruins, we could get more Alien Allies that way and get periodic reports. There's even a ruin somewhere with Precursor hair, why not clone a Precursor to help us ? The cloning pod could also potentially be used to gradually replenish human or alien crew members when out in deep space. Right, now nothing that I can see is being done with the Drenken Cloning Pods. It would be in line with the scavenging/recycling theme of the game. Right now, unlike in SC2, we don't get much new information when visiting the Star Control headquarters, we only need to go there to replenish crew. Having periodic reports or new tech unlocked from our archaeological sites and/or colonies would give us more reasons to visit. It could also be a way to introduce the thrall/ward races in their un-modified genetic form.
- Being able to salvage ships is nice, but it would be nice if their computer systems via the captain's logs could fill in the gaps in the Galaxy's history. These should be analysed / translated by Star-Control which could give us occasional reports. Why not clone the species these ships belong to ? This way, we could re-fill those ships at the starbase when they have an alien crew.
- The Maellhir (the Melnorme/Maelnum of this game) make a point to tell us they spy on all species, and yet, there is no way to purchase any of this information. What's the point of telling us this ? In SC2 and SC3 these Aliens readily sold information and technology for Biological Data.
- As our ship explores various planets, we find the names of many of these species. Why is there no option to ask the thrall races about them ? Why can't ask Jeff or the Maelhir ?
- Another possible use for ships that can't be made to fly again could be to make our own ship bigger/add more slots for enhancement. Much like space stations have modules added over time.
- There's a big fleet at a big star where the ships don't respond to the hails. Nothing indicates why that sector is defended by that fleet, exploring the planets only revealed a few downed ships, nothing worth defending the star about. A Maellhir ship is periodically shown at the center of the star when we are in hyperspace, no way to contact it when in orbit above the star. Is this an incomplete/forgotten feature ?
- In the Navigation screen it would be nice to have a tab for races, where we could quickly head to their homeworld once it is discovered.
- An option would be nice to continue on our way when in Hyperspace, we get interrupted by a ship. It's tedius to have to go back to the map and re-enter the destination we just entered. Sometimes (such as in Scryve/Phamyst sectors) this has to be done several times.