Okay, this is getting on my nerves.
I created a folder and named it Developer.
within that folder i created another one called GameInfo.
I copied and pasted CovertData_RebellionApplication, entity.manifest, and msvcr80.dll files.
Then i copied and pasted individual entity files of abilites and related buffs that i wanted to change from the original Rebellion GameInfo and pasted them into the MY gameinfo folder.
I proceeded to convert them by right clicking each file and clicking open, then the command prompt pops open and im assuming converts them. I then right click the each file and click edit in notepad ++. It pulls up in notepad in text and i adjust each ability and buff profile i BELIEVE correctly.
then i followed the mod path the Rebellion game indicated and found it. Inside it was a text document called EnabledMods.
After that I kinda just winged it.
I copied and pasted my Directors folder into the folder that contained the text document. I did NOT paste it into the text document. i did NOT remove CovertData_RebellionApplication, entity.manifest, and msvcr80.dll files from my GameInfo folder.
I then started Rebellion, went to the mod section and it showed my Director folder. i was estatic! I enabled, then went to start a new game. I built a capital ship and a few structers that SHOULD have had an adjusted ability, but it didn't.
So somewhere along the line i screwed up.