Zubaz, note that the only requirements listed are the MINIMUM requirements. Allow me to define the word MINIMUM:
min·i·mum Audio Help [min-uh-muhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -mums, -ma Audio Help [-muh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective
–noun 1. the least quantity or amount possible, assignable, allowable, or the like.
2. the lowest speed permitted on a highway.
3. the lowest amount, value, or degree attained or recorded.
4. an arbitrary amount set by a restaurant, nightclub, etc., as the least amount to be charged each person for food and drink. Compare cover charge.
5. Mathematics. a. Also called relative minimum, local minimum. the value of a function at a certain point in its domain, which is less than or equal to the values at all other points in the immediate vicinity of the point. Compare absolute minimum.
b. the point in the domain at which a minimum occurs.
–adjective 6. noting or indicating a minimum.
7. least possible: minimum risk.
8. lowest: a minimum rate.
9. pertaining to a minimum or minimums.
(thanks to dictionary.com)
What that means is that the game show be expected to run on a machine with the given specs OR BETTER. My machine exceeds all of the listed specifications, therefore I have Stardock's assurance that the game will work. Furthermore, the game may have originally released in mid 2001 (several months before Windows XP), but the version I bought was RE-released in 2008. Just as I would expect the original game to run on most systems available when it was released, I would expect the game to also run on most systems available at the time when it is RE-released. That means dual-core CPUs running Windows XP (or Vista). I would be more understanding if they said "this game doesn't work on most systems" BEFORE they took my money. I would ALSO be more understanding if they said "sorry, we didn't actually test the game before we sold it, maybe we'll patch it". Instead my understanding is that their attitude is more like "we've got your money, f*** off lol". I don't care if I'm being robbed of 5 dollars or 5 cents, I'm still being robbed. I'm just glad that there are more honest services out there